Optical Sorting System Equipment
Today’s Commodity Markets often require the deployment of automated artificially intelligent mechanical sorting systems to meet both market purity and system throughput standards. No longer can the human eye be trusted exclusively to identify commodity grades and impurities nor can manual labor physically of financially meet current industry demands.
Green Eye® patented hyperspectral optical sorting technology reads the 3-dimensional molecular structure of each sorted and non-sorted material. This revolutionary technology enables precise identification of desired items, and blocks unwanted contaminants. Each Green Eye® sorter system is capable of positively each of the below commodities and much more:
Fiber Commodities able to be picked from mixed material streams:
- Clean #8 News
- Office Paper
- Old Corrugated Cardboard
- Kraft PAPER
- Mixed Paper
Container Commodities able to be individually picked from mixed material streams:
- Clean PET
- All Grades of PET Thermal forms
- Natural HDPE and Colored individually
- Mixed Plastic Grades picked together or separately 3,4,5,6,7
- Film and Ridged plastics
- Black Plastics
Construction Demolition Debris:
- Natural Wood
- Pressure Treated Wood
- Poly Grade Plastics
- Roofing Shingles
- Rubber Grades
- Textiles by fabric type
Our Green Eye® R&D facility located in Hampstead, NH” is ready to test sort your difficult to identify commodities free of charge. Contact our seasoned engineering team to determine if the world’s best automated technology is right for your processing application. Turn Key systems and retrofits are our specialty.
The Benefits of an Optical Sorting System
Optical sorting has many great benefits:
- The system is fully automated and only requires an operator rather than a team of sorters.
- It takes much less time than manually sorting, improving your recycling rate.
- The optical sensors are incredibly efficient and have high accuracy in excess of 94%.
- The AI can identify a wide range of materials and requires little maintenance or oversight.
- There’s no need for manual sorting anywhere in the process, making it more likely for people to participate in recycling programs.
Optical Sorting System Includes the Following Components
- Green Eye® Optical Sorter
- Polishing Screens
- Glass Breaker
- Eddy Current
- Metering Bin Feeder System
- Conveyor system
Want to know more about our plastics recovery facility (PRF) equipment? Contact Green Machine today.